Laptop Theft Happens — Be Protected.
Every 50 seconds a laptop goes missing. Every day hundreds know the panic laptop theft brings. Only LoJack for Laptops has a dedicated Theft Recovery Team that works to find and recover your stolen laptop, while giving you tools to remotely protect your private and sensitive data.
LoJack for Laptops protects you 4 ways, but only if you have it before your laptop is lost or stolen.
Others Track, We Get Stolen Laptops Back
When your computer is stolen, you can feel powerless. But you don't have to. LoJack® for Laptops by Absolute® Software gives you the power to remotely locate, lock and delete the data on your computer before it falls into the wrong hands. Most powerful of all, only LoJack for Laptops has a dedicated Theft Recovery Team that works with local law enforcement to recover your stolen laptop and return it to you.
Prevent Use of Your Lost Laptop
You may not have your computer with you, but you can still feel safe from prying eyes. Use Device Lock to block your computer remotely, denying potential identity thieves access to your computer and personal data. You can also choose to display a customized lock-out message onscreen. You could, for instance, display contact information that would help a good Samaritan return your computer to you.
Protect your Privacy Remotely
The contents of your hard drive might be worth more to you — and a thief — than the laptop itself. But our Data Delete feature helps you prevent costly and traumatic identity theft. With it, you can remotely and selectively erase sensitive files and applications, personal photos, financial data, and stored passwords. So you stay safe and in control.
Map Your Laptop's Location
Is your laptop really stolen? Or did you leave it on a business trip? Using GPS or Wi-Fi geolocation, LoJack for Laptops can map and display your laptop's current and past whereabouts. So you'll know whether it's simply left behind, or something more serious. Even when your laptop is safe and sound, you can see that LoJack for Laptops is on the job. Note: Standard edition does not include location history.
Get Your Laptop and Your Life Back
For most people, the odds of recovering a stolen laptop aren't encouraging. But every year, thousands of people get their stolen laptops back, thanks to our patented technology and experienced Theft Recovery Team. If your protected computer is stolen, the team can use our technology to track it, and work with local law enforcement to get it back in your hands. Get LoJack for Laptops and flip the odds in your favour.
Get the Reassurance of Our Premium Protection
With our leading technology and experienced Theft Recovery Team, LoJack for Laptops gives you unsurpassed theft recovery service, plus device and data protection. Choose our Premium edition and get our Service Guarantee. If we don't recover your stolen computer or enable the Data Delete service, you could be eligible for a Service Guarantee payment of up to $1000. Conditions apply so please read our Service Agreement.
Patented Technology Keeps You Protected
You deserve the strongest protection available, and LoJack for Laptops puts our persistent, patented technology on your side.
- When LoJack for Laptops is installed, a small piece of software, the Computrace® Agent, is embedded on your computer. It is very difficult to detect and resists deletion.
- Once you activate your LoJack for Laptops subscription, the Agent starts contacting Absolute's Monitoring Center via the Internet at regular, frequent intervals.
- Should you request a Lock or Delete procedure, the Agent receives and executes these commands the next time it contacts the Monitoring Center. If your laptop is stolen, the Theft Recovery Team can use the Agent to obtain forensic data used to guide local law enforcement in recovering it.
Our Persistent Technology
- Our software refuses to give up easily - even laptops with wiped or removed hard drives can be recovered.
- We partner with most computer manufacturers to embed our software directly on your computer.
- Persistence pays - laptop with wiped drive is recovered. Read more.
Steps in a successful recovery
- As the owner of a stolen laptop, you contact police and file a theft report. Then, you log in to the Absolute Customer Center and report your laptop as missing.
- The Absolute Theft Recovery Team uses advanced forensic technology to locate the laptop and possibly identify who has it. They share this information with local law enforcement, who recover the computer.
- The laptop is returned to you ASAP.
How to Lock Your Laptop
- As the owner of a missing laptop, you log in to the Absolute Customer Center and select LOCK from the menu.
- Following the onscreen instructions, you create a customized message with your contact information that will be visible to anyone who attempts to use your laptop. Then you confirm the request to initiate a Lock procedure.
- The next time your laptop contacts the Customer Center, it receives the lock command and the lock is executed. From then on, no one can use the laptop or access the information on it until you unlock it.
Remotely Delete Private Information by
- Realizing your laptop is missing, log in to the Absolute Customer Center, and select DELETE from the menu.
- Following the onscreen instructions, you can opt to delete all of your files, or choose the select file types you wish to delete. Then confirm the Delete request.
- The next time the laptop contacts the Monitoring Center, it receives the Delete command erases the files you selected.
Top travel safety tips from Absolute Software
- Never, ever, ask a stranger to watch your laptop in the waiting areas while you are in a shop/bathroom.
- If you're likely to get distracted by a phone call, magazine or lunch, make sure you shut your laptop down and put it away. Turning your back for just a few seconds can result in a theft
- Don't feel tempted to check your laptop in with your baggage – it's much safer if you keep it with you.
- Don't assume your computer is safe just because you're using a cable lock – these can be cut through in a moment.
- If you have to take a nap, try to secure your laptop by holding it – do not leave it on the floor next to you.
"I've had LoJack for my laptop for nearly a year. It's been such a relief knowing it's installed, especially given how much I travel with it."
"High recommend that all college bound students or business travelers get this product as soon as they can it worth the money you pay and then some."
"My laptop computer was stolen at a major US airport. I figured I would never see it again. A couple weeks later I received a call, the police had recovered my laptop. Thanks LoJack for Laptops!"
"A few months after we got the laptop, we forgot it on a plane. LoJack for Laptops worked with the local police, was able to locate the laptop and return to the airport police where we picked it up. I highly recommend this product."
As the owner of a stolen laptop, you contact police and file a theft report. Then, you log in to the Absolute Customer Center and report your laptop as missing.
PC System Requirements
- Windows®s; 7™ (32 & 64-bit versions),
- Windows Vista™ (32 & 64-bit versions),
- Windows XP®s; (32-bit only),
- Windows 2000
- Internet Connection
Macintosh System Requirements
- PowerPC G3/G4/G5 or Intel®s; processor
- Mac OS X v10.3 or higher
- Internet Connection
- Safari®s; or Firefox®s; Browser